Home > Toxicologists > Toxicology Testing Support
Toxicology Testing Support
AIT provides you with access to full-time, expert toxicology testing support
Are you puzzled by a test result? Do you have questions regarding a drug interaction? AIT provides you with access to full-time, expert toxicologists to obtain information on any of these toxicology testing topics and more.
How Our Toxicologists Can Help You
Our toxicologists are highly skilled in interpreting results to assist you in making crucial decisions regarding patient care. They can provide information on a multitude of topics such as:
- The physiological or pharmacological effect or action of the drug on the body (i.e. stimulant or depressant)
- The mechanism of drug interaction (i.e. opioid agonist)
- Dose-response relationships for a drug (i.e. therapeutic ranges, toxicity, drug-drug interactions)
- The effect a body has on the drug (i.e. biotransformation or metabolism)
- The half-life of a drug
- The distribution and binding site(s) for drugs (i.e. mu-opioid receptor sites)
- The absorption and excretion profiles for a drug
AIT’s toxicologists offer a wealth of knowledge spanning a variety of backgrounds ranging from forensic toxicology and analytical chemistry to technical instrument experience and more. They are also active in research and have published scientific articles in a variety of industry journals.
To read more about our toxicologists, click here.
- Review forensic cases to determine whether or not drugs were a factor in the cause of death.
- Attend non-accredited educational programs to discuss the importance and relevance of urine and blood drug screens and the fundamental pharmacology and pharmacokinetics of therapy drugs and drugs of abuse. Additionally, they discuss trends and myths associated with patient compliance testing, the importance of accurate testing, the explanations of common metabolic pathways, and the interpretation of compliant and non-compliant test results.
- Present expert research at conferences, seminars, and other industry functions including the annual Mass Spectrometry Applications to the Clinical Laboratory (MSACL) conference, the American Association of Clinical Chemistry (AACC) annual meeting, and the annual Society of Forensic Toxicologists (SOFT) conference.
- Publish work. Our toxicologists have articles featured in publications such as Practical Pain Management, Journal of Analytical Toxicology, Journal of Opioid Management, and many others.
- Provide expert testimony in court.
Our toxicologists are available Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. EST. If you have any questions, call us at 800-875-3894.
If you are a compliance monitoring/clinical/meconium client, you can e-mail questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are a forensics client, please direct e-mail inquiries to FBUTox@aitlabs.com.